Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
About ESA ECSAT
The European Centre for Space Applications and Telecommunications (ECSAT) is ESA’s new facility in the United Kingdom. It is based at the Harwell Science, Innovation and Business Campus in Oxfordshire.
ECSAT is the most recent addition to ESA’s operational sites across Europe. First opened in 2009, ECSAT will be developed by ESA following agreements reached between the UK and ESA in November 2012. ECSAT will support activities related to telecommunications, integrated applications, climate change, technology and science.
We are looking for a Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in Harwell, United Kingdom.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Support the initiation of activities related to technology and product development for payload applications.
- Support the establishment and control of relevant ESA specifications and general documentation.
- Evaluation, support to negotiation, monitoring and control of development contracts and activities.
- Preparation of inputs to status reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of technology and product work plans.
- Support other members of the TIA-TTP section on their projects and share expertise within the section.
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication.
- Cooperate with specialists in other ESA departments.
- Identify any issues during the procurement phase, the running or closing of an activity, and flag them for attention in a timely manner.
- Support the timely preparation of papers for Adjudication meetings or Delegate bodies (IPC, JCB), with high quality standards.
- Provide inputs for the Department Business Intelligence system.
- Support TIA communication activities in line with the ESA TIA Communication Policy rules.
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures.
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- The post holder shall be an experienced person who has a Master or PhD degree or equivalent qualification in engineering and experience in payload technology and products for telecommunication satellites.
- General experience with the design, analysis, qualification, testing and implementation of satellite payload equipment for telecommunication satellites, with substantial experience in one or more of the following:
o management of development contracts for satellite payload equipment.
o design, development and/or exploitation of antenna and RF units, such as:
low noise amplifiers
channel amplifiers and linearisers
digital signal processors
- A sound knowledge of multiple different types of payload equipment and their functions at payload level is desirable.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 09/07/2020