- Support and assist MS&E to organize and execute global Analytical Sciences laboratory activities in a pharmaceutical environment.
- You will work hands-on in Material Science with techniques like: PSD, FTIR, SEM-EDX, DSC, TGA, DVS and Water Activity and more to come) to support and execute MS&E projects/initiatives.
- You have an active role in further building the MS&E team.
We are looking for an Associate Specialist Material Scientist/ Analytical Chemist to extend our Material Science & Engineering team
We are currently in the build-up phase to deliver global support to manufacturing (internal/external), chemical technical operations and QA/QC departments, from small issues to complete root cause investigations of drug product, API, excipients and packaging materials.
The investigations are performed by the following areas (techniques):
- Powder characterization: PSD, Bulk/Tapped density, Flodex, Water activity
- Imaging/Material identification: SEM-EDX, FTIR, Microscopy
- Thermal analysis/phase behavior: DSC, TGA, DVS
- Solid state Analysis (at CRO): XRPD, Solid State NMR
- Mechanical testing in near future
Functie-eisen• Master/bachelor in a Pharmaceutical/Physical/Chemical/Analytical Science
- Experience in the research and development, manufacturing, and testing of pharmaceutical products is a plus
- Experience in writing (technical) investigation reports;
- Solid experience in writing respective investigation reports
- Knowledge of FTIR, SEM-EDX, TGA, DSC and DVS is preferred
- Experience in troubleshooting, product investigations and analytical method development
- Ability to work independently and make decisions within guidelines and policies that impact own priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility and work under high pressure