- Lead the design process using CATIA V5, focusing on Generative Shape Design, Part Design, Assembly Design, and Drafting.
- Utilize your experience in designing sheet metal, plastic, and carbon fiber parts for Body in White (BiW) structures.
- Provide expertise in applying GD&T principles, ensuring precision and adherence to international standards.
- Contribute to concept design projects, ensuring alignment with customer demands and proposing innovative assembly solutions.
- Collaborate with international teams, including direct interaction with suppliers and stakeholders, to drive project success.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create assemblies of CAD models, detect and resolve packaging conflicts, and ensure product quality and readiness for release
- Support junior team members and peers, serving as a role model for lifelong learning and knowledge sharing.
- Oversee project reporting, presentations, and communicate design solutions effectively..
Qualifications you´ll need:
- Bachelor´s degree in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years as a Design Engineer using CATIA V5, with a strong focus on automotive design.
- Expertise in designing sheet metal, plastic, and carbon fibre parts for BiW structures.
- In-depth knowledge of drafting rules, GD&T principles, and international design standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills and effective communication abilities.
- Experience with international projects and a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Proficiency in Agile work methodologies.
- A strong focus on plastic areas in automotive interiors.
- Experience with automation and scripting within CATIA V5.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, C++, or VBScript.
The assignment is onsite in Gothenburg, Sweden
As a consultant with Akkodis, you´ll become part of our global network, and have room to grow and challenge your skills every day.
At Akkodis, we believe that we must go beyond what is possible to make incredible happen. We pride ourselves on a culture of trust where you have the autonomy to own your decisions and the support you need to achieve your ambitions. When it comes to a career at Akkodis, you are in the driving seat. As a consultant, you are our top priority and when you need us, we will be there for you. You are our most important asset and for us to stay ahead you will take an active part in our business development and our offers to the market.
We´re a diverse team of 50,000 engineers and digital experts, operating across 30 locations globally. From training our client´s teams, to delivering projects our Smart Industry experts create new value for our client´s business. United by our passion for talent and technology, our specialists bring their diversity of experience, skills and insights together to deliver our 360° capabilities. This is how we make the incredible happen, every day.
We are committed to attract, develop, and empower diverse and inclusive technology and engineering teams by offering enhanced career and development opportunities. To inspire our employees, clients, and partners to make a difference, we work with organizations who identify themselves with our people culture and technology mindset.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, apply as soon as possible. Applications are processed as they are sent in, so the position may be filled before the last application day. If you have any questions, don´t hesitate to contact hiring business manager Rickard Strindeborn at email@example.com