Modis is seeking a skilled Java Developer to support our client in Alexandria, VA on a contract (1 year) basis! This position is onsite with a very collaborative, unique team.
**Project involves maintaining internal struts-based web application and back office subsystem (processes written in Java and Perl script languages).Roles & Responsibilities
- End to end production support with prompt response and timely resolution of P1, P2 and P3 incidents
- Should have hands on work experience on shall scripts, basis Unix commands specially file handling etc.
- Providing fixes to Bug Fixes and continued support
- Create interfaces for resolving common issues with time-intensive work-around
- Minor/Major updates to existing features (field adds, rule changes, new screen creation etc.)
- Small/incremental feature updates
- Direct interaction with clients
Mandatory Technical/Function Skills Required
1. Web development experience
b. Experience in working with Struts based Web Applications
2. Good database skills
a. Oracle experience strongly preferred.
b. Working experience with stored procedures, trigger, medium complex SQL queries - PL/SQL in Oracle
3. Experience working in Linux/Unix environment, shall scripting and using version control
4. Good Communication skills.
You will be working with Client IT SMEs and business users and have opportunity to work in highly visible IT application support.