A Systems Engineer opportunity is available courtesy of Modis. This is a 100% remote opportunity. If you are interested, please APPLY NOW!
This position will utilize troubleshooting skills to assist, analyze and document production application problems and procedures. Additionally, you will deploy server code - which includes application program updates, script modifications, configure and run internal scripts, 3rd party software; as well as work with developers, and possibly vendors to troubleshoot and resolve problems. Experience and Education
- 3+ years of Linux and/or Cloud experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or 5+ years experience required
- Monitor numerous applications across various environments and improve the applications based on trends and error logging.
- Apply problem-solving skills in various operating environments and write scripts to automate day to day tasks.
- Diagnose system performance problems by using log files, Nagios, support tools, monitoring tools to early detect changes in system responses or operation.
- Provide prompt recovery and problem escalation for exceptions, extrapolating and integrating information within defined boundaries, using multiple system management and problem management tools.
- Have a passion for well-thought-out and straightforward solutions to problems.
- Lead by example, work collaboratively, and establish credibility with the quality of your technical execution.
- Support and nurture junior team members.
- Work closely with support groups to refine system monitoring and reporting, and to assist them in their analysis and problem recovery.
- Modify Control-M jobs or scripts for processing of workloads by system and execution of commonly used processes. Create system reports as needed from Nagios, Zenoss, Dashboard, etc.
- Proper documentation and closure of tasks, changes, and requests.
- Provides feedback on technical tasks in terms of progress and schedule.
- Basic oral and written communication skills.
- Capability to work independently as needed and with other teams effectively
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- VMS and Linux skills.
- Understand how VMS clusters work, directory structure and basic VMS commands.
- Knowledge of virtual server environments.
- Ability to create and modify scripts.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Install / configuration of Tomcat and Control -M
- Ability to use Ansible, Docker, GitHub, AWX, RunDeck and Power BI
- Experience with SQL and database
- A get-stuff-done attitude, have great positive energy and can make an impact through technical execution.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to collaborate with other teams.
- Strong understanding of how monitoring tools and observability can help with determining the root cause of customer impacting performance issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records