Senior Software Engineer
You'll be responsible for reviewing business unit requirements and then designing and building solutions on the HPCC platform to meet those requirements. Other functions will include support of existing products to make sure they continue to provide value to our business and customers. As we begin our journey into the Cloud, the candidate will play a key role in assisting with that transformation.
The position warrants deep understanding of our HPCC platform for which you will receive on the job training in ECL. Your key to success will be to grasp those concepts and turn them into functional high performance solutions.
This position sits at the intersection between our internal data engineering teams, business partners and customers. As such, you will be expected in this position to perform complex research, design, and software development assignments, and provide direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
Essential Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in the ECL programming language is a plus.
- Microsoft Azure experience is preferred for our cloud transformation.
- Programming experience with Java, Python or other high level language is a plus.
- Ability to design and build complex interactive query systems.
- Proven work within the Insurance Industry.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex tasks.
- Work closely with other team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records