An Engineering Designer/Draftsman, spends a majority of his or her working hours in a manufacturing setting, reverse engineering new and existing generator components and products, as well as working with engineering and field teams to create specialize parts and/or tooling for all unique OEM designs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support engineering and field teams in reverse engineering of generator components utilizing precise measurement gages (micrometer, calipers, depth gages, etc.)
· Create/design specialized tooling.
· Maintain design records and files (drawings and bill of materials) for completed engineering work.
· Perform quality control checks for all incoming parts received from suppliers.
· Support on-site Generator Specialist when new parts and/or tooling are required.
· Travelling to the project site may be required in order to expedite the reverse engineering ordering of components needed.
· Work closely with Suppliers to ensure parts are manufactured, per engineering standards.
Provide suggestions for ways to improve products, parts, tooling and equipment.
· Support a 40-hour work week, with the ability to work overtime during critical seasonal periods.
Minor Duties and Responsibilities:
· Attend daily project review meetings and report the status of engineering/drawings on working projects (In-Shop & at Site).
· Keep precise measurement equipment calibration up to date.
· Associates degree in Engineering Technology or Mechanical Design. (Solid works)