A Broadcasting Transmission Engineer job in Atlanta, GA is available through Modis Engineering. You will be required to install, test, and repair technical equipment within the Teleport/ Satellite uplink facility, including satellite antennas, high power amplifiers, upconverters, modulators, routers, servers, SD/HD encoders and receivers and other ancillary satellite communication equipment. This is a direct hire opportunity. The salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $85,000 per year depending on experience - OT eligible. Relocation assistance and sponsorship is not available.
Broadcasting Transmission Engineer job responsibilities include:
• Uses miscellaneous analog and digital test equipment to correct equipment problems including oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers under the supervision of others and alone.
• Monitor and maintain all building services including electrical distribution, Generators, and HVAC.
• Assemble waveguide, cable, and fiber optic systems.
• Schedules and performs preventative/corrective maintenance on systems or equipment as necessary.
• Provides users and clients with professional, courteous, and timely technical support.
• Updates drawings and create new ones for all future projects.
• Creates work flows and designs for new and existing customers.
• Creates and manipulates ad insertion and the gear involved. To include scripts, contact closures, logging software and other equipment based on client’s needs.
• Two-year degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) and/or equivalent experience in Satellite Communications/Broadcast RF Communications or equivalent knowledge of the field preferred.
• 3 to 5 years of broadcast industry experience and/or equivalent knowledge base
• Individual must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate client maintenance requests. Must have the ability to provide an on-call status dictated by a rotating schedule and client basis.
• Proficient in PC-based hardware and software applications
• Well versed in all aspects of the RF environment and gear being utilized. Comprehensive knowledge of HD/SD video, audio and RF systems
• Able to operate broadcast, transmission, and test equipment. Experience with automation systems
• Able to read and understand technical operations manuals
• Able to make time critical decisions in a live on-air environment under pressure. Able to troubleshoot most problems without help or supervision. Individual must be able to work under pressure and meet strict job deadlines.
• Thoroughly versed in calculating frequencies and formula.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all duties related to operating and maintaining a satellite uplink facility.
• Able to communicate in the English language, apply logical troubleshooting skills, and be able to manipulate formulae.
• Individual must be able to frequently lift heavy objects.
If you are interested in this Broadcasting Transmission Engineer job in Atlanta, GA then please click APPLY NOW.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled