What is the specific title of the position?
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
Work with business partners/product owners to understand desired system functionality.
- Understand new product capabilities and decompose the implementation into specific functional changes for verification
- Participate in Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Perform comprehensive testing of product distributions prior to release
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
Java/Junit/Maven; macOS/UNIX/shell programming; Git/GitHub; MySQL; REST services and API Design; Docker; OpenShift(OSE); Jenkins; Kafka; Elk stack
What skills/attributes are a must have?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of (Java) development experience
- Demonstrated success designing and building high-quality commercial software applications
- Experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Expertise across the entire SDLC
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
Java/Junit/Maven; macOS/UNIX/shell programming; Git/GitHub; MySQL; REST services and API Design; Docker; OpenShift(OSE); Jenkins; Kafka; Elk stack; springboot; microservices