Sr Software Engineer - AWS Cloud Developer
IDEAL BACKGROUND/TOP REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services
- Understanding of the AWS shared responsibility model
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
- Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
- Ability to use or interact with AWS services
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position?
1. Participate in all phases of software engineering including; requirements, design, coding and testing.
2. Design and implement product features in collaboration with product managers and stakeholder.
3. Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries or micro-services
4. Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks
5. Build awesome software that changes not just our business but the whole industry
What skills/attributes are a must have?
Experience with the core AWS services
Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
Strong notions of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.).
Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, and the ELK stack.
Previous exposure to large-scale systems design.
Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems.
Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
- Development Experience with full stack development
- Experience deploying apps on Open shift, Amazon
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience with DevOps - Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery