Akkodis is seeking a Senior Manager - Technical Design to work on-site with our client in Beaverton, OR. The successful candidate will take a leadership role in the development of the Re-Creation Program, shaping the future of our client's products through the lens of Circularity. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Apparel Product Creation professional who is passionate about sustainability and innovation.
· Lead the development of the Re-Creation Program
· Work closely with the design team, local designers, the creative community, and factory partners to reimagine our client’s deadstock and vintage materials into unique upcycled products
· Collaborate with the Design Director to develop new concepts and translate them into innovative and sustainable upcycled apparel
· Build a comprehensive development strategy for the Re-Creation program, including managing development workflows, production timelines, and manufacturing capabilities
· Ensure the program aligns with our client's sustainability targets, performance standards, and business goals
· Take ownership of the product creation process, from initial concept through commercialization and production, for assigned models
· Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve on-time delivery and meet development goals
· Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for assigned products
· Track and facilitate sampling and prototyping processes to deliver high-quality products
· Work with Operations to monitor progress throughout the product development process
Qualifications – What You Bring:
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in Apparel Technical Design and Development
· Proven expertise in Apparel Product Creation including fit, construction, materials, manufacturing processes etc.
· Advanced knowledge of apparel development process from pattern making to grading, costing etc.
· Strong influencing skills
· Proven ability as a mentor
· Ability to act as a technical resource
· Strong project management skills
· Availability to travel 2-3 times within 3 months domestically and internationally (e.g. LA, London, Paris, Amsterdam).
The ideal candidate should have at least 8 years’ experience in Apparel Technical Design or Development. They should have strong leadership skills as well as being able to motivate others. Excellent communication skills are essential along with advanced knowledge of apparel creation processes including pattern making. The successful candidate should also have experience working with vendors.
If you want to work on exciting projects that are shaping our client's future while contributing positively towards sustainability goals then we encourage you to apply today.
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.