Program Manager or Sr. Supplier Engineer with Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Background
Modis Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Program Manager or Sr. Supplier Engineer with experience in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and Supplier Management in a regulated environment for a full-time/direct hire role in the Cleveland, OH area. The Program Manager will perform Engineering Management of the contract manufacturers. Qualified candidates will have 5+ of mechanical or manufacturing engineering experience along with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
This is an exciting role with a high-tech industry leader offering an excellent work environment and career growth opportunities.
Program/Manager Sr. Supplier Engineer Responsibilities:
- Drive Suppliers to continuously improve manufacturing and business processes to achieve cost reduction and quality improvements.
- Propose, design, and lead other teammates to implement major sustaining engineering initiatives to achieve quantifiable improvements in product reliability, cost structure, ease of manufacture and installation.
- Identify, qualify and develop new suppliers of major product subsystems
- Lead new product introductions including managing DFM and Manufacturing FMEA reviews with suppliers, cost analysis and delivering document packages for quotation.
- Drive and manage roll out of change orders, resolve and reduce deviation requests, and work with supplier to identify root cause and corrective action for all NCR’s.
- Leads constant improvement in design and process engineering documentation for products.
- Coordinate with Procurement and Quality teammates to maintain scorecards and drive supplier to continuously improve performance against metrics.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time to work directly with vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in Engineering including Supplier Management, Design, and/or Manufacturing.
- Experience in a regulated environment, preferably medical device, and working with contract manufacturers.
- Skills in supplier relationship building, NPI launches, DFM, and cost improvement projects.
- Increasing levels of responsibility in development or production engineering of formally released products in full scale production with preference for electro-mechanical parts.
- Excellent communication and program management skills. Experience with all phases of the Product Life Cycle Process.
- Familiarity with reliability engineering and design for serviceability.
- CAD skills such as SolidWorks are a plus. PLM is a plus.
Why Modis? Modis has a commitment to making exceptional connections with you and our clients; creating strong and long-lasting relationships for your career. Modis also prides itself on personal touch and providing current and up-to-date feedback on your performance.
If you are interested in this Sr. Supplier Engineer Job in Cleveland, OH then please apply via http://www.modis.com
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-750-6232
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled