Akkodis is seeking a Lead Systems Administrator for a Direct Hire position with a client based in Bonita Springs, FL.
- Responsible for the effective supervision and administration of Systems Administrator staff including prioritizing and assigning work, performance management, employee relations, and related activities.
- Lead multiple Systems Administration initiatives and projects consisting of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, testing, and integration. Provide feedback on project status, milestones, and risks.
- Support data center facility/services and proactively monitor the health of all systems and take appropriate action when required. Performs after-hours systems support, installation, and maintenance as required.
- Provide specialized technical expertise in researching and resolving complex technology infrastructure problems, which may involve coordination of hardware and software vendor support.
- Evaluates and recommends acquisition of enterprise systems to meet the organizational information technology needs.
- Interfaces with information systems vendors regarding the acquisition or discontinuance of equipment and maintenance support
- Schedules system updates and modifications to the information technology environment in a manner which results in minimal disruption of organization services.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Perform and delegate server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Acts as a point of escalation for the systems administration team.
- Documents and communicates identified problems to be resolved.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Perform required patching and vulnerability remediation on servers.
- Perform routine maintenance and prescribed maintenance functions.
- Monitors and maintains software licensing.
- Monitors and maintains support and maintenance agreements.
- Maintains broad knowledge of current technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Participates in and completes required and professional training.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Total Quality and the process of continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with approved Corporate and company IT policies.
- Provide training and mentoring to other team members.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
- The Systems Administrator will have a bachelor’s degree and 3 years of administration experience, associate degree and 5 years related experience, or 8 years related experience
- ITIL, recent MCSA, and other IT related certifications are a plus
- 5-8 years of experience with domain controllers, Active Directory, group policies, and a Microsoft Windows environment required
- Experience with Powershell scripting a plus
- Experience with performance monitoring software
- Experience with VMWare (Private Cloud) a plus
- Experience with SSO and MFA solutions are a plus
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data; programming experience is a plus
- Experience with Linux a plus
- Experience with public cloud a plus
- Experience manipulating data and creating presentation material in Microsoft Office software a plus
- Experience with aspects of high availability fault tolerant architectures
- Past experience administering server-side technology and networked computing systems.
- Familiarity with SQL and database operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits and 401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs which are direct hire to a clientPay Details: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 per year
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.