Senior Test Analyst-Investment Accounting
This position will be a key member of the team in supporting the transformation of the GO GA Program as well as day-to-day operations. The focus of this role will be to support testing for Finance in an investment transformation program as well as day-to-day operations. The incumbent will play a critical role in the success of the workstream supporting Finance by providing the skills and support to drive Finance requirements, assist in testing activities for Finance, and help with other Project Management activities. The individual will work alongside the Finance team members, Project team members, stakeholders and other experts in the company to help deliver the project in a timely and successful manner. The incumbent will also have a working knowledge of the insurance and investment management industry, and accounting standards which drive the accounting and reporting.
Key Job Duties
• Manage testing plans and execution for Finance. This entails ensuring that test plans are completed on time, are mapped to existing requirements, and are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Partner with the finance team members who perform reporting for various asset types (Securities, Private Equity, Real Estate, Mortgages, Derivatives, Other Invested Assets, and Total Company Reporting) to ensure that their requirements for the program are understood.
• Execute testing for Finance in accordance with the timeline set by GO and ensure that any testing issues are appropriately managed and escalated.
• Have a working knowledge of financial accounting standards in the insurance and investment management industry, to be able to opine on the testing plan and testing outcomes
• Knowledge/ experience in accounting/ reporting on any of these asset classes would be helpful: Derivatives, Securities, Real Estate, Private Equity or Mortgages
3 - 5 years in the investment/ insurance industry ideally with experience in projects and transformation
• Minimum of 1-3 years of testing experience in medium-large scale projects
• Understanding of financial accounting standards in the insurance and investment management industry
• Strong knowledge of IFRS/USGAAP/NAIC in relation to investment accounting and reporting would be an asset
• Experience in project management activities, specifically testing planning and execution including the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders; excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Motivated self-starter, with ability to manage priorities effectively
• Experience in using Power BI and excel
• Attention to detail. Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Comfortable with challenging the status quo. Flexible and change-oriented attitude that embraces new ideas and ways of working.