Modis has a Sr Quality Control Engineer opportunity available in Brooklyn Park, MN. You will initiate and lead non-conformance investigations regarding component failures, finished goods failures, and product returns. This includes but is not limited to performing risk analysis, determining root cause and recommending corrective action. Standard business operation hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require additional hours of work as requested by business needs. This is a six month contract opportunity. The salary for this position is between $36.00 and $41.00 per hour.
Sr Quality Control Engineer responsibilities include:
• Determine test requirements, test methods, sample sizes and statistical analysis for qualification/verification studies for incoming material and manufacturing.
• Devise and/or maintain sampling procedures, designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality data.
• Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data by utilizing appropriate charts such as Xbar R, IMR or PARETO for (IQA, DMR, OQA and other variable data) and make recommendations.
• Analyze customer complaints, events and other post marketing surveillance data by examining the data for patterns and trends and investigating when necessary and working on cross-functional teams.
• Work with manufacturing engineering and operations to assess, develop and implement process quality controls such as Process Flow Chart, Product Control Plan (PCP), Statistical Process Control (SPC).
• Develop, implement, and/or maintain methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material, and devise methods to assess cost and responsibility. Develop, implement, and/or maintain methods, procedures, and schedules for supplier evaluation and auditing.
• Experience and working knowledge in areas of quality control engineering, supplier quality, process control, and product evaluation.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies such ad ASQ (American Society for Quality)
• Maintain close working relationships with respective certification bodies. Ensure that the business maintains a clear understanding of requirements, changes, etc. (UL, CSA, etc.)
• Degree in quality, industrial, or mechanical engineering.
• Five plus years Electrical and Mechanical Assembly Experience.
• ASQ certification is preferred
• MUST have strong work history in manufacturing. Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
• Basic understanding of Supplier Quality Management. Previous experience in supplier development
• Working knowledge of 5S, ESD controls and discipline (S20.20 Standard), problem solving tools such as 8D/5 Whys, ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit certification, Statistical Process Control (SPC), knowledge of EHS, and IPC 600, 610 (certification preferred)
• Strong understanding of Complaint Handling processes and Complaint investigations.
• Understanding and practical knowledge of PPAP (Production Part Approval Process).
• Excellent organization, documentation, and prioritization skills. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is critical.
• Self-starter to initiate work and execute solutions. Motivated, team player that can also work independently. Strong interpersonal skills while maintaining confidential information.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Business travel as needed.
If you are interested in this Sr Quality Control Engineer opportunity in Brooklyn Park, MN then please click APPLY NOW.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.