A Software Engineer job in Burlington, MA is available through Modis Engineering. Ideal candidate will be a talented and motivated Software Engineer with good analytical skills and strong C++ and Python coding skills to develop advanced algorithms for precision, automated manufacturing of optical devices. This role requires someone who thrives working in a small team environment with tight deadlines and takes pride and ownership of their work and delivers high quality solutions. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Software Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Develop software and algorithms to meet required functionality of our active alignment and test systems.
- Develop new alignment and test algorithms that result in a reliable and fast alignment and/or test processes.
- Hands-on integration and development on our active alignment platforms.
- Ensure high-quality product by developing and executing test plans.
- Integrate, debug, and troubleshoot in a hardware and software environment.
- Participate in project planning, technical reviews and status meetings.
- Occasional On-site factory visits in the US, Europe, and Asia for system installation and support working with customers and our partners.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience programming in multiple languages with the flexibility to pick up new ones. We are currently developing in C++ and Python.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop, test, and implement novel and complex algorithms.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
- Experience with factory automation software and machine control.
- Experience with machine vision and image processing.
- Experience with Open CV.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Machine learning experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge and/or background in optical theory.
- Optics, image sensor, or electronics manufacturing knowledge.
- Experience with motion control or industrial robotics.
- Experience with hardware communication.
- Experience with machine process optimization (accuracy, cycle time).
If you are interested in this Software Engineer job in Burlington, MA then please click APPLY NOW.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled