WHO WE ARE:
Heelstone Renewable Energy is a utility-scale solar developer headquartered in Chapel Hill, NC with expertise in originating, financing, constructing, and operating solar photovoltaic projects. Heelstone’s strategy includes greenfield development, co-development, and acquisitions of later stage projects. Heelstone has developed and achieved commercial operation on 67 solar projects with an aggregate generating capacity of approximately 1.1 GW. Heelstone has partnered with Ares Infrastructure and Power, a subsidiary of Ares Management Corporation (NYSE: ARES), to fund its development platform. For more information, please visit www.heelstoneenergy.com.
Heelstone is seeking an Interconnection Associate that will be responsible for interconnection analysis, application, and study activities. This position will report to the Interconnecting Manager and work directly with the Development team. This is a full-time position based in our office in Chapel Hill.
- Analyze grid infrastructure and utility reports/studies to determine potential capacity and develop interconnection strategy for new projects
- Coordinate technical input from vendors and consultants to meet application and study requirements
- Manage contracts, deliverables, and schedules of consultants
- Assist in review of consultant drawings, modeling, and reports
- Review interconnection applications and study agreements in preparation for execution
- Help maintain interconnection and utility schedules to ensure study results are received within estimated timelines and reasonable costs achieved
- Support review of study reports from utilities and participate in review calls with consultants/utility engineers
- Review project acquisition opportunities to evaluate interconnection cost and risk
SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Understanding of utility grid and practices, including interconnection, transmission planning, and energy markets
- Knowledge of grid infrastructure and high-level power flow studies preferred (Steady State, Stability, Short-circuit, etc.)
- Ability to build strong working relationships with utilities, vendors, and consultants
- Great collaboration, team building, and listening skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage competing deadlines and contribute toward an uplifting environment.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively
- Self-starter that operates well in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office, including, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 4-year degree required, preferably Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge/experience in power systems engineering, power flow analysis, and/or planning preferred, but not required
Heelstone offers a family-friendly culture with competitive pay and benefits. All applicants must possess authorization to work in the United States and must not require future sponsorship for authorization.
Please apply through our online portal - https://heelstoneenergy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=26&source=aWQ9MjQ%3D
Or send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records