Modis, Inc. is assisting a long-standing locally headquartered global employer with an Operations Security Engineer role located in Cleveland, OH. The Security Engineer will contribute towards the day to day operation and administration of our on-prem Windows and 365 / Azure Cloud environments to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information assets and technology infrastructures of the organization. Responsibilities include technical security administration, architecture, function as a security technical resource and consultant to support project work, provide off hours support and participate in incident response efforts. This role also participates in security planning and provides input on the selection of methods used to ensure the protection of systems and data.
This is a contract-to-hire role with a leading company offering an excellent salary and benefits package! The role has potential future growth for a Security Manager or Director role!
Security Engineer Responsibilities include:
• Participate in the configuration and maintenance of the Microsoft 365 environment with Azure Conditional Access, MFA, PIM, AIP, MCAS, ATP and Intune
- Provide first level support for all security functions related to perimeter and infrastructure
- Manage open security requests and issues to ensure all work is delivered on time and with high quality
- Experience with security frameworks such as NIST
- Assist with and provide technical guidance on security issues that arise and resolve them in a timely manner either in person, over the phone or remotely and escalate if needed.
- Assist senior team members to perform investigation or security forensic activities
- Provides technical support on all security aspects of the operations of the firewall, VPNs, IDS/IPS, NAC, DLP, Web Filtering, Radius, enterprise End-point protection solutions, Enterprise centralized log management solution. Threat, vulnerability, and risk vulnerability management solution.
- Provides analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members, and clients. Identifies requirements, based upon need or as the result of a security issue that puts organizations systems at risk.
• B.S. Computer Science
5+ years within computer security issues and established security practices in a large enterprise environment
- Practical working experience in some of the following areas:
- Fortinet FortiGate and Proofpoint
- Cisco Catalyst, Nexus Switches and routers, Cisco ASA appliances and their IDS/IPS capabilities
o Cisco SSL VPN solution, Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA)
o Splunk for log aggregation and analysis
o Microsoft Cloud app security (MCAS), Microsoft Intune
- Perform security tool administration providing risk analysis of the following:
o Vulnerability scanners
o Security event logging & monitoring analyzers
o Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IDS/IPS) and firewall logs
o Performs system and network security audits
o Anti-virus products and central console
o Single sign-on Architectures (SSO)
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, AAD, AAD Connect
- Expert knowledge of Windows 2012 and 2016 Server
- Experience in PowerShell, shell and python scripting
- Strong knowledge of system backup and recovery
- Good understanding of IEEE 802.11 standards, and Wireless security concepts
- Fundamentals of network routing & switching
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of message hygiene, anti-spam/anti-malware/anti-virus for messaging systems
- Working experience with SEIMs and Log Management, syslog analysis, HTTP and TCP/IP analysis, and vulnerability assessment to include.
- Good working knowledge in TCP/IP; web architectures and web programing technologies
- Good working knowledge of Public/Private Key Infrastructure and the management of digital certificates
- Good working knowledge of Endpoint Protection solution in an enterprise environment Incident Response experience Windows and Linux knowledge
Why Modis? Modis has a commitment to making exceptional connections with you and our clients; creating strong and long-lasting relationships for your career. Modis also prides itself on personal touch and providing current and up-to-date feedback on your performance.
If you are interested in this Operations Security Engineer Job in Cleveland, OH then please apply via http://www.modis.com
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-750-6232
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records