A CAD Drafter job opportunity is available in Columbus, OH courtesy of Modis. Requirements and qualifications listed below.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Well-versed in AutoCAD, base-mapping, GIS and layering, fundamental knowledge of Outside Plant, running line, conduit and cable design for copper, fiber optics, coax, manholes, hand holes, Make-Ready Engineering and poles (aerial and underground).
- A thorough understanding and experience in the Outside Plant telecom industry, public right-of-way, private easements, existing utilities such as water, sewer, electric, gas, and other underground and aerial utilities.
- Knowledgeable in city, county, state and local municipalities encroachment permits, Traffic Control and specialty permits (e.g., UPRR, Caltrans, etc.), easement right away and various environmental permits are highly desired.
- Need to be able to interact with the local municipalities, Telco engineers and construction/maintenance forces to acquire OSP Records, ICGS, Assessor Maps, map info, AIS and Construction Prints.
- Site surveys, translating field notes to develop and update conduit/ cable engineering design drawings in AutoCAD.
• Experience reading permits
- Experience reading blueprints, conduit prints and floor plans.