An Outside Plant Engineer (OSPE) contract-to-hire job opportunity is available in the Columbus, OH area courtesy of Modis. Summary of job details below:
The OSPE will help with projects in multiple states. Previous OSP Engineering experience is required.
- OSPE must have knowledge of aerial, buried, underground and building entrance design.
- OSPE will support the design and engineering process by planning and preparing drawings for construction of new, and removal or rearrangement of existing fiber optic cables, and conduits to obtain optimum and economical utilization of communications facilities.
- OSPE must be able to read and understand highway/road prints, be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, and select routing required for work projects.
- OSPE may be required to provide on-site construction inspection to insure design specifications are met by the construction contractor. Further duties will include but are not limited to: redlines, bore design, CAD, and make-ready analysis, field notes, pole survey, sonde conduit, locating, QC prints, butterfly drawings, and preparation of prints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to track, prioritize, and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with others in a Team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of accepted telecommunication engineering practices.
- Thorough knowledge of aerial and buried cable placement and splicing methods, copper and fiber.
- Ability to travel locally, and overnight from time to time.
- Familiarity with AT&T Engineering and Construction Practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and other telecommunication software.
- Knowledge of bidding and job costing procedures.
Bilingual English/Spanish experience is a plus