The Sr Business Analyst serves as a liaison between the business and IT to enable business capabilities through IT solutions. This person works closely with Product Owners and Business Owners to help them understand and articulate their goals, objectives, and solutions. Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and verifying requirements and ensuring that they are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, and verifiable. Responsible for ensuring that acceptance criteria is aligned. Works closely with IT Architects and developers to ensure that system implications and dependencies are understood.
1. Supports product owners by helping them analyze the business domain, and by grooming/prioritizing the work backlog based on business value.
2. Identifies, defines, and manages the objectives of the business. Must be able to articulate requirements from both the business and user perspectives.
3. Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis and/or workshops and brainstorm sessions.
4. Effectively communicates with business users, the development team, management, and external resources to analyze needs and functional requirements to deliver the following: functional requirements, use cases, acceptance criteria, screen/interface designs, current and future state process maps, and designs.
5. Analyzes and assesses requirements to identify upstream and downstream systems and process impacts to proactively communicate impacts, risks, and solutions to all cross functional teams.
6. Manages requirements traceability and tracks requirements status throughout the project/sprints.
7. Develops user manuals associated with the applications and conduct user training as needed.
8. Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes and provides possible solutions.
9. Contributes to the development of test scenarios/test cases and testing activities necessary to achieve quality and complete system implementations.
10. Ensures that standards and methodologies are followed and quality assurance review is met.
11. Ensures a smooth transition from Project to Support with necessary documentation.
12. May act as a product owner for teams leveraging agile delivery.
13. Leads and manages BA Scrum of Scrum project meetings. Reports progress and impediments to the Project Manager.
1. College degree in Business or Information Systems/Programming required.
2. Minimum 5 years experience in a business-related area preferred.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Able to coordinate with cross-functional team members to define and achieve goals supporting business objectives.
4. In-depth knowledge of the interrelationships of the business systems preferred.
5. Demonstrated experience with agile methodology of IT/project management preferred.
6. Demonstrated experience writing technical business requirements preferred.
7. General knowledge of several business functions from the company operations perspective preferred.
8. Able to lead small IT projects, prioritize work, and manage multiple projects from concept through final production preferred.
9. Experience in e-commerce/digital domain and order management principles highly desired
10. Ability to work cross-functionally across Product, UX, Analytics , Operation and Technology teams
[8/26 8:08 AM] Houdek, Jessica
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records