Modis is currently assisting the world's largest consumer electronic compnay in their serach for a Technicial Writer . This is a hybrid role based out of San Diego.
Do you have a passion for new technology development? Are you a highly motivated, detail-oriented person with an interest in project management? This position is offered in hardware engineering development from product concept to mass production.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Technical Writers to support the Product Design team on developing exciting new products in a completely new technology space.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross- functional team environment
• Previous experience writing technical documents
• Strong content organization skills. Jama experience preferred but not required.
• Previous experience structuring BOMs.
• Experience with PLM tools, Agile experience preferred but not required.
• Self-starter and can work with ambiguity
• Experience working with overseas vendors
• Meticulous attention to detail and flexible with the ability to react to changes in a time-sensitive environment
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
• Electrical engineering background is highly desired.
Description; What will you do in this role?
As a Battery Hardware Technical Writer, you will manage logistics for the Battery Hardware Engineering team to prep and release electrical engineering documents to enable engineering builds. You will be responsible for:
• Creating, structuring, and maintaining Manufacturing Test Documents during engineering development.
• Creating, structuring, and maintaining Bills of Materials (BOMs) during engineering development.
• Creating, reviewing and approving engineering change orders (ECOs), providing feedback to engineers when necessary.
• Managing communication with vendors and CM partners closely to ensure documents arrive on time, trouble-shooting any issues that may arise to prevent delays and optimize logistic flows.
• Build Matrix management.
If you are interested in this job opportunity please click APPLY NOW. For other available opportunities at Modis go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Nishu Lal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records