Title: Technical Editor
Join the editorial team that helps writers and engineers create documentation used by millions of developers worldwide. As a technical editor, you’ll help ensure and uphold the quality of content and style and educate writers and content teams about developer documentation.
- Creativity in communicating complex topics in approachable, engaging, and technically accurate ways
- Outstanding developmental editing and copyediting skills and remarkable attention to detail
- Eagerness to work collaboratively with writers to hone their skills throughout the editorial life cycle
- Experience editing PDF using Acrobat Pro, and Markdown and source files in an SCM environment, such as Git Description Leverage your passion for technology products by editing developer-focused documentation on our team.
- Collaborate with amazing editors, writers, and designers, and discuss technical topics like SwiftUI, class hierarchies, and view controllers.
An average work day may include, but is not limited to:
- Meeting with writers individually to develop topics and organize text
- Performing developmental edits; structural, content, and style reviews; and copyedits
- Developing and maintaining project style sheets and authoring guidelines
- Writing clear, persuasive comments to accompany edits and proposals to resolve style issues
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in English, Instructional Design, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Architecture, Juris Doctor (with emphasis on legal writing), or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience as a developmental editor and copyeditor of technical documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records