Akkodis is seeking a Quality Engineer for a Contract to Hire position with a large Aviation client located in Dayton, OH. To be considered for this position you must have 5 years Quality experience, preferably in the Aviation/Transportation industry.
Pay/Salary Range: $40-$50/hr
Quality Engineer job responsibilities include:
Responsible for performing engineering functions for Hybrid and potentially other programs including but not limited to.
• Read, understand, and interpret blueprints, drawings, and schematics
• Read, understand, and apply written work instructions, procedures, specifications, and standards
• Ensure regulatory, procedural, and contractual requirements are fulfilled during product development / introduction phases through proper development and application of inspection criteria
• Create inspection criteria for in-process and final inspection for in-process components and assemblies based on requirements from blueprints, drawings, schematics, and written specifications
• Work with cross functional teams (production, engineering, quality, supply chain, receiving inspection as examples) to address and resolve non conformances.
• Understanding of dimensional and visual inspection methods on a wide variety of electrical/mechanical components, materials, and supplies against drawings and quality instructions for damage and defects
• Review and approve drawings and work instructions (as required)
• Demonstrate capability in performing mechanical measurements using scales, calipers, and gauges
• Prepare reports/pivot tables by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
• Establish and execute project quality plan, witness-points, and quality records for compliance in new product introduction process
• Work for continuous improvement in processes and execution
• Deliver quality products as part of a cross-functional team
• Identify needs/causes/trends, present analysis of research, develop and communicate potential resolutions
• Ensure Lessons Learned are taken into account for new proposals and programs
• Witness and audit hardware and software development process to plans and procedures to ensure compliance
• Backfill and perform in-process and final inspections as required.
• Support, lead, and assist with DQA audits as required. Position will be based at EPIS facility in Dayton but may need to support work at our Vandalia facility.
If you are interested in this Quality Engineer job in Dayton OH, then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Akkodis go to www.akkodis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Felix Avalos at 954-712-2339 or Felix.Avalos@akkodisgroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits and 401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs which are direct hire to a client
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.