Akkodis is recruiting a Sr Project Engineer for a large aerospace manufacturer in the Des Plains, IL area. This is a contract position with a pay range of $65-$75 an hour.
Scope of Work:
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field ;
5+ years’ experience in a project engineering or design engineering role focused on mechanical equipment, modulization design of systems utilized in the petroleum refining, petrochemical and/or gas processing industries.
- Responsibilities of understanding the customer specification requirements and ensure their integration into the Mechanical Flow Diagram (MFD) and the detail engineering design
- Manage the development of the detail design for new and existing products lines
- Coordinate equipment procurement activities with discipline engineer (modules, vessels, exchanges, rotating, instrumentation, and miscellaneous equipment)
- Manage the fabrication process and partner with the fabricator to deliver equipment that exceeds customers expectations
- Coordinate document submittals to/from Customer, detail design, and Fabricator(s)
- Managing the project quality plans and checklists
- Identify development steps to improve engineering quality and productivity, minimize detail design and fabrication change orders
- Domestic/ International Travel to customer and supplier sites - 20% annually in 1 to 2 weeks duration
- Key client interface for project technical issues
- Assist project management with quantity tracking and trending, change management, and schedule reviews
- Oversee cross functional team in assembling and submitting subcontractor work packages for equipment manufacturing and module fabrication
Local candidates ONLY apply.
If intersted in this position, please click apply or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Pay Details: $65.00 to $75.00 PER HOUR
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.