Work within the Automation & Controls Engineering (ACE) group to develop new automations to improve yield and repeatability of final system test, electronic circuit board test, and existing test-stands. The Staff Automation Engineer works collaboratively with product developments teams to maximize manufacturability of future products and provides expert level knowledge of the design and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment required to build the next generation of INFICON products.
Essential Job Functions
• Lead the design efforts of new automation projects.
• Generate and review engineering documents to include electrical, P&ID, and mechanical drawings.
• Develop equipment designs to automate established test methods.
• Conduct root cause analysis of automated test failures to determine if they are related to test procedure or product defects.
• Participate in safety risk assessments for new and existing equipment.
• Plan and execute acceptance testing and validation of new equipment.
• Coordinate planned maintenance, verifications, and calibrations with operations
Basic Job Skills:
• Ability to generate reports, technical documentation, design reviews, and analyses.
• Ability to program industrial control equipment including Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and Siemens SIMATIC PLCs.
• Familiarity with programming and control of 6-axis and SCARA robots.
• Understanding of Agile framework with an emphasis on SCRUM methodology.
• Industry experience with Lean manufacturing principles.
• Ability to supervise and provide technical direction to more junior engineers and/or technicians.
• Ability to work autonomously while balancing work priorities among multiple stakeholders.
Education and/or Experience -
• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering; Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
• Approximately eight to ten years of industry experience, depending upon the ability of the job candidate to demonstrate the above behaviors
This role requires lifting, carrying, and/or pushing up to 30lbs occasionally (less than 5% of the time.
INFICON provides a dynamic work environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees experience on going green initiatives, flexible work hours, and a variety of health and wellness programs.
INFICON’s forward thinking approach offers countless opportunities to design, support, and manufacture a diverse product portfolio that expands globally. Our Lean and Agile work environment offers a competitive compensation, relocation assistance, a discretionary bonus and generous employee benefits; major medical, dental, health, vision, 401K, vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement and more!
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
RequiredLean Manufacturing Intermediate Agile Development Intermediate Strategic Planning Advanced Mechanical aptitude Advanced Analytic/Problem Solving Advanced Ability to read and understand schematics Advanced
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records