A Data Conversion Developer with a leading Health Care Company in Eden Prairie Minnesota is available courtesy of Modis Engineering. Our client is seeking an applicant with experience with large scale Data Conversions!
Optum Provider Services solution will replace and modernize provider enrollment and management functionality provided by the legacy MMIS. The applicant will be part of core Data Conversion DDI team.
Data Conversion Specialist job responsibilities include:
• Conducts on site analysis of Client legacy system(s) and database(s) with the goal of producing the initial Data Mapping for the Extract process
- Working closely with client end users to find where data is stored in a database if client does not have intimate knowledge of database
- Define data integrity/cleansing requirements for the Transform process
- Preparation of detailed specifications from which programs will be written, or equipment fabricated or installed
- Creates accurate code to Load the data into the target database
- Tests all conversion programs in succession (assembly test) in order to identify programmatic dependencies
- Executes onsite conversion test runs in order to obtain program run times, derive database sizing estimates, and uncover software / hardware / environment constraints
- Creates data verification plans to be used following trial runs at the client site
- Application of configuration management procedures for changes to the operating system files and software
- Participation in the development and preparation of documentation for, but not limited to, procedural, program and user documentation
- Writing complex database queries combining multiple tables
- Data analysis to decipher legacy system fields and map with Optum system.
- Maintain tasks and updates in Rally
- Collaborate with quality assurance team to ensure testing efforts align with system deliveries and business processes
- Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise.
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues.
- Performs complex conceptual analyses.
- Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Motivates and inspires other team members
- Required: Talend ETL, Java, SQL (Stored Procs, Triggers, Cursors, Working with multiple tables)
- Nice to have : Mulesoft
- Exp. with one of these databases : Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Strong analytical skills proven around analysis of large datasets
- Experience in design and build of data integration jobs
- Experience in Agile development process & coordination among development, testing & support/Admin teams
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners (vendors, customers, executives, etc.)
- Should be familiar with Github and other source control tools
- Be someone who is flexible, looks to learn, teach others, and interested in new technology
- Ability to develop and articulate programming solutions that meet client business and technical requirements
- Strong understanding of programming concepts required
- Ability to code in one or more programming language
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience
- Agile methodology experience
Other Preferences :
- Healthcare knowledge
If you are interested in this Data Conversion Specialist job in Eden Prairie Minnesota, then please contact Chuck Oeland at (408) 328-0777 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled