A Resident Engineer job in Elgin, IL is available through Modis. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating and leading weekly meetings with contractors and customers, provide project schedule and budget and coordinate change orders. The ideal candidate will have a background in civil construction, mainly bridges and roadways, as well sa phase II design skills. This candidate must have a Professional Engineer license.
Resident Engineer job responsibilities:
- Resident Engineering on IDOT, Illinois Tollway (ISTHA), City of Chicago, municipal, and county projects.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with clients and contractors by leading weekly meetings and distributing regular progress reports.
- Identify potential project issues that may impact schedule/budget and work with all interested parties to remedy the situation.
- Prepare project documentation according to IDOT (or client specific) requirements.
- Pay Estimate and Change Order preparation.
- IDOT, ISTHA, and/or City of Chicago (CDOT/CDWM) project experience preferred but not required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois or an Engineer-In-Training with intent to achieve State of Illinois Professional Engineer License is preferred but not required.
- IDOT Documentation and ICORS Certification preferred.
- Ideal candidate would possess some experience in Phase II Design.
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation ability preferred.
- Matching 401k up to 6% after 6 months
- Flexible hours year round (1/2 day Fridays)
- BCBS PPO (they pay 85% of the premium for employees 65% for family)
- Dental Wellness Allowance ($200)
- Fitness allowance ($100-a year)
- Student Loan Paydown (100./month)
- PTO with carryover up to 228 hours.
If you are interested in the Resident engineer job in Elgin, Click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available through Modis visit www.modis.com.