Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Role Summary/Purpose -
- Energy Storage Mechanical Packaging Engineer will be responsible for documenting design requirements, developing concepts to meet those requirements, and completing detailed analysis and validation for selected design concepts. In this role, you will support Wabtec engineering in completing formal design reviews of assigned equipment. You will work directly with manufacturing and suppliers to ensure adequate process capability for quality and cost. As production maturity is reached, you will oversee initial builds and provide feedback to engineering for future improvements of the design.
Essential Responsibilities –
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent engineering degree.
• Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in a design or manufacturing environment.
Desired Characteristics -
•Experience with battery EHS and safety procedures
•Experience with robotics and automation in assembly, material handling, welding, painting, etc.
• Experience in adaptive processes that can allow a robot to change path plan based on direct sensor input for fabrication processes such as polishing, grinding, welding, and assembly.
• Experience developing estimates for material and labor
- Strong mechanical & electrical aptitude
• Prior exposure to and knowledge of Lean Mfg
• Prior exposure to a job shop environment
• Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective team player and facilitator
- Six Sigma training and experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records