This is a team based group of self-starting, technical/mechanical delivery professional. This ever changing environment presents each team member with various daily events that educate customers about the technology, manage critical service events, and interact with multiple levels of both HP and customer management/teams. These teams are responsible for completely satisfied customers and helping to grow HPs business in a profitable manner and within budget. It is imperative that the Field Service Rep. understands the financial aspects and business impact of what they deliver, how and why. Typical types of reactive, on customer site, service events include, but are not limited to: Configuring hardware, software and simple network components, install, unit repair, and working with escalation personal performing and assisting in technical action plans to remediate pc/print issues.
Demonstrated core competencies of success in this position are:
- Strong mechanical aptitude, working with tools and various alignment apparatus.
- Alignment with customers business needs while maintaining HPs contractual commitments.
- Ability to logically and systemically technically/mechanically troubleshoot various hardware problems on printers. May also involve third party software, networks and switches.
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple activities and issues.
- Successful cause and effect understanding of financial perspectives on the business.
- Strong interpersonal verbal/written skills; especially in person, on a customer site. This is critical to relationship building and expectations.
- Attention to detail and commitment to administrative responsibilities.
- Exercise solid business based decision making skills, taking appropriate risk to insure that both HPs and the customers business need are met.
- Independent thinking while adhering to standard technological/mechanical and business procedures.
- Industry / company knowledge that provides solid technology solutions and options to the customer.
- Ability to quickly and accurately evaluate a technical situation while managing the operational challenges.
- Working independently and able to re-prioritization of tasks/events/commitments quickly based on contract, customer and business situations. Highly skills at prioritization, planning, working independently all within standard policies and business standards.
- Able to bend, crawl, stoop, sit, lift and move 50 pounds of weight.
- Availability to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
- Participate in assigned work during non-traditional workdays, holidays and shift work.
- Onsite customer facing experience.
- Technical/mechanical hardware repair experience.
- Demonstrated technical/mechanical aptitude for learning new technology.
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus additional hardware technology training. College preferred.
*Dress: Business Professional: Black slacks and blue collared shirt.
*Cell phone reimbursement and laptop/tablet will be provided.
- Background checks will be completed. This may include, but not be limited to employment history, education, drug, credit and sex offender registries. It is also dependent on customer agreements. You may be called anytime during your employment to participate in a background check.
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.