A contract Electronics Repair Technician jobin Everett, WA is available courtesy of Modis Engineering. For this job, you need to have around two or more years of similar experience or prior military background in electronics repair or rework. You will be working in a world class manufacturing environment, conducting functionally test, trouble-shoot to the component level, repair or rework. You may also calibrate, inspect and certify a variety of electronic sub-assemblies, assemblies and completed instruments. The pay rate is up to $32.00 per hour (DOE). This position will be for 12 months but could transition to a direct position before then.
Day Shift: 5:00 a.m to 1:30 p.m.
Electronics Repair Technician Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation. Perform duties using regular test equipment in accordance with prescribed procedures, practices and specifications.
- Perform moderate to complex duties on a wide variety of production line instruments that have failed in previous testing or in operational use. This level is based on business need.
- Input to writing or modifying of test procedures.
- Construct new test fixtures from drawings and specifications.
- May collect, analyze and report data on test processes.
- Act as information source on related procedures and practices.
- Provide training or assistance to less experienced personnel.
- Under limited supervision, receive no instructions on routine work assignments and general instructions on new assignments. Solve problems of moderate to high complexity. Most work is not verified by another and errors may create some loss of funds, accounts, cause delays or affect Company image.
- Independent contacts with internal customers requiring discussion and interpretation.
- Two or more years of related Mfg. experience in electronics, electronics troubleshooting, analog circuits
- Ability to troubleshoot test processes, use judgment in resolving problems and drive to root cause.
- Experience in electronics PCB-level repair.
- Sound knowledge of related test practices, processes and procedures.
- Ability to operate all types of electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of computer systems architecture, high level language programming and computer bus structuring fundamentals desirable.
- Effective communication skills-verbally and written.
- Ability to troubleshoot to component level for both Analog & digital boards
- Soldering skills –surface mount & through hole
- Formal Tech education or Military Electronics schooling a plus
- Microsoft Office suite
If you are interested in this Product Test Technician job in Everett, WA then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Mike Leeson (206)682-2170 or email Mike.Leeson@modis.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled