Akkodis is recruiting for a Project Manager with a large aerospace manufacturer in Everett, WA. This is an onsite contract position with a pay range of $60-$85 an hour.
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific medium size development projects. Project manager 2 oversees the development of a product or service or manages an investment project.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all technical, cost, quality and delivery requirements are met. This includes meeting all recurring cost (RC) objectives, manufacturing, purchasing and maintenance. The project manager has budget accountability as delegated by a Program Manager, or Division/Business unit leader.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time:
- Define, implement and/or track the development plan according to company standard development process and in line with performance, quality, delivery and cost commitments as defined by the program manager or division/Business Unit leader
- Familiar with the particulars of integrating a product within a system. Able to put these products/services into perspective with regard to the explicit or implicit needs of the customer
- Define and organize a project using project management process methodology and tools. Is able to formalize the PBS/WBS/OBS, drafting and managing via a project management plan (PMP)
- Define and implement a global management strategy for scheduling margins. Able to integrate supplier constraints.
- Leads project development reviews (MER1 through MER8) and support program milestone reviews as applicable
- Implement Earned Value Management (planning, budgeting, critical path, margins, S-Curves), and control remaining workload in view of progress/variances. As well as, implement the management elements for recurring costs (RC
- Familiar with the specific features of each process contributing to project performance
- Handle risk provision and manage risk reduction and opportunity optimization plans following companys risk process and utilizing companys risk tool, RiTo
- Lead a local or offsite project team directly, and is responsible for coordination and ensuring performance-related objectives are met
- Assist in the estimate fiscal year budgeting & business case process
- Understands the principles of subcontract management
- Able to use change management tools and make them a factor for success
- Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into project planning and control
- Analyze proposed and document project/work package changes. Develop change packages, as needed for program change control board review/approval
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Other duties maybe assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or other Technical discipline
- (with Bachelor’s degree) 4-6 years of related experience leading a work package
- Experience within the aviation and/or aerospace industry.
- Proficient with MS Project and MS Excel, competent with MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous experience in planning or managing projects, as well as, the ability to develop, lead, motivate working teams.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Familiar with problem solving tools
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required):
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job, rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
If you are interested in this position in Everett, WA, please click Apply now or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Comply with Provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, physical, mental, environmental, and other work conditions essential for the job are noted below. Specific codes are used to specify the frequency of such conditions or requirements.Pay Details: $60.00 to $84.00 PER HOUR
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.