Title: Software Test Engineer
Location: Everett, WA
Duration : 12 months
Rate : $28/hr
The Global Web team seeks a QA engineer with a passion to deliver breakthrough web user experiences. You will be an integral part of the agile development team and will be assigned a variety of tasks pertaining to the design, build and testing of software applications and services. Your main focus will be on Test Automation tasks. However, other tasks will be assigned depending on current need such as manual testing of new functionality. You will always be working on ways to facilitate better quality through the design, implementation and execution of automated build and test systems. This role is for an individual whose experience as a QA engineer forms a strong basis for designing automated test solutions that will ensure the delivery of high-quality code and services.
- Design and build Test Automation framework and automate testcases utilizing latest technologies and a variety of languages.
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle, from requirements through release, working collaboratively with all members of the scrum team utilizing agile methodology. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in requirement reviews to ensure full understanding of all requirements, Ensuring the proper test framework and methodologies are identified, and test cases are built accordingly.
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Identify data needs and scenarios for Integration testing and end-to-end testing including areas such as software scenarios or usability.
- Design and write test cases, automate test execution and report test results to development and product teams.
- Have a good understanding of requirements and test coverage.
- Communicate effectively and responsibly in an Agile environment.
- Become an expert at finding bugs, breaking things, helping our development team diagnose and fix issues, improve the automated tests.
- Support Fluke’s Web platform by executing manual and automated tests on Fluke’s websites and web application, including client facing web sites and in-house web applications.
- Knowledge & working experience in web technologies Experience with Php, XML, Java, LINUX, Selenium Web driver, Test Complete is highly desired.
- Knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks.
- Ability to translate requirements from Jira User stories to automated tests.
- Comfortable working within established code and process frameworks.
- Proactive and self-motivated – willing to improve on existing processes to allow for faster
- Knowledge of software testing (unit, functional, regression, integration and end-to-end testing).
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux environments.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Passion for finding issues and a desire to break things while testing beyond the application limits.
- At least 1-2 years of experience required.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
Able to develop tests using Selenium Web driver/Test Complete.
Please apply online or reach out to Sukanya.Chidambara@modis.com