November 2019 - 77362
The Manufacturing Engineer will support the Engineering and Production Department with respect to the manufacturing of aircraft products by solving manufacturing issues and reducing the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures. Also ensure the quality, integrity and certification properties of products manufactured is maintained or improved.
Summary of Duties:
- Act as shop liaison between design engineers and production to ensure products are built to specifications and engineering documents.
- Provide feedback to design engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction and time to manufacture product.
- Identify and, if necessary, design and deploy tooling to aid in production processes.
- Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer and company specification for processes employed in the production of interior products.
- Collect and analyze data on manufacturing methods and repair process flow and write or update standard operating procedures and specific manufacturing/repair routines.
- Solve manufacturing issues and communicate solutions to design engineering.
- Perform process risk analysis (PFMEA) and develop risk mitigating actions
- Provide assistance to production personal for all facets related to manufacturing of product
- Perform time studies, work content/breakdown, and work flow analysis; help develop value stream maps and spaghetti diagrams.
- Study and create/modify production work instructions as applicable.
- Has understanding of "7 Wastes".
- Basic knowledge in "LEAN tools" such as valve stream mapping (VSM), pull/push, flow, JIT, Kanban, Standard work.
- Help implement and maintain 5S and visual management in workplace.
- Basic knowledge of Problem solving tool such as 5 Why, Fishbone, Root Cause Analysis.
- Basic knowledge of electric AC/DC motors and the use of diagnosis tools such as Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.
- Able to be an active team member and participate in manufacturing Kaizen Workshops.
- Able to provide training on production process with guidance
- Education: BS Eng/Science (Mech/Industrial/Aero Preferred), or 2-Yr Technical + 3 Yr Experience in field
- Experience: 2+ years
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System® and applications, Office
XP®2016 (including Visio), AutoCADCREO 3.0
- Other Skills: Experience with airworthiness regulations desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a team environment
- Able to understand technical data and to analyze results and present reports
- Languages: Ability to communicate in
French? andEnglish (written and verbal)
- The physical ability to perform manual labor requiring climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 20 pounds regularly.
Working conditions are normal for manufacturing environment. The worker is subject to exposure to noise, vibration, chemicals and other related industrial risks. The required use of safety equipment include, but not limited to safety glasses, wrist straps, hearing protection and shop coats