We seek a talented Messaging Infrastructure Engineer with a desire to advance Northwestern Mutual's messaging infrastructure capabilities to enable business-critical application integration.
• Provide hands-on engineering, configuration and support for some/all of the following messaging solutions: WebSphere MQ, MuleSoft, & Kafka.
- Develop and mature systems management environment capabilities & quality attributes (high availability, redundancy, performance management, security, capacity management, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, etc.) for messaging solutions.
- Provide expert-level (L1/L2) troubleshooting and drive resolution to messaging-related incidents and problems.
- Effectively communicate integration best practices with business/application team partners leveraging NM's strategic messaging technologies.
- Develop and mature resilient, highly available messaging infrastructure designs and topologies across a multi data center configuration.
- Design and build automation to consistently instantiate, configure, test, and patch messaging software leveraging continuous integration/continuous delivery technologies.
- Mature and implement monitoring solutions to proactively address potential problems and provide visibility into health of messaging infrastructure.
- Design and build automation to provide messaging-related self-service capabilities to end customers.
- Address implementation challenges associated with both large-scale, highly centralized enterprise messaging deployments as well as personalized, uniquely tuned messaging deployments.
- Recommend and deliver untapped messaging capabilities provided through NM's strategic messaging solutions.
- Provide occasional on-call support for enterprise messaging infrastructure.
- Contribute to a high-performing engineering team eager to deliver business value through technical messaging implementations.
• 3+ years of WebSphere MQ integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) and/or 2+ years of MuleSoft integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) OS and/or 12+ months of Apache or Confluent Kafka integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) OS.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with scripting (bash, python preferred)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with automation & scheduling technologies (Ansible preferred).
- 5+ years of messaging integration and/or infrastructure engineering experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate messaging capabilities to business partners, peer engineers, and leadership a must.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of networking and security concepts.
- Experience with popular monitoring/logging technologies such as CA Introscope, ELK, Splunk or Dynatrace.
- Familiarity with delivery pipeline/CICD technologies.
- Experience operating within team utilizing agile delivery principles.
- Detail-oriented individual passionate about quality, highly available messaging implementations and delivering on customer expectations.