A Data/Business Analytics job in Houston TX is available through Modis IT. There is a lot of growth potential as they mature the use of analytics and begin to explore more advanced analytic methods and expand the use of DA/DS outside of Sales growth and Marketing. Intermediate to Advanced SQL skills and beginner Python/R programming skills are key. Should be capable of building dashboards, report customization building, and end to end solutions that tells a compelling story from the data in a visual presentation.
Data/Business Analytics job responsibilities include:
• Strong data storytelling ability – ability to produce actionable information/insights, not just data crunching
• Ability to put results into context considering the overall business goals and performance
• Eager to make a big impact at a large company – you show up for work and get things done
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly
• Ability to manage multiple projects and shift direction quickly
• Intellectual curiosity and strong passion for using data to solve problems
• Comfortable with experimentation and testing of Minimum Viable Products to determine if proposed business models / solutions scale up
• Proficient in MS Office especially Excel; ability to translate data insights into PowerPoint presentations
• Understanding of relational databases with experience in SQL – Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres
• Experience with A/B testing and data science techniques to build and implement predictive models
• Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, or Microsoft Power BI a plus (or similar applications)
• Experience with Python, R, Alteryx or other analytics platforms a plus (or similar applications)
• 3+ years of work experience in a Marketing / Data Analysis / Business Analyst role
• Experience solving complex business problems involving a heavy amount of analytics / data science
• Marketing-based experience preferred, but not required
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Business / Engineering / Statistics / Mathematics / Economics; or other related degree with strong quantitative emphasis
• (Optional) Master’s degree in Business Administration / Marketing
If you are interested in this Data/Business Analytics job in Houston TX then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis IT go to www.modis.com If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact Monika Daga at 713.425.2069 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.