A GIS database records editor job in Houston, TX is available courtesy of Modis Engineering. Candidates will be performing a variety of tasks associated with mapping, records/database management and reporting related to integrity management project work. Complete project assignments involving facility as-built records, maps, GIS editing, data quality procedures and digitizing techniques.
GIS Database records editor job responsibilities include:
• Review and edit GIS database information regarding gas distribution facilities and features ensuring system data integrity
• research company archive files/records for date pertaining to facility installation, materials, and standards.
• Interpret construction drawings of gas distribution facilities
• Collect information and compiles data to quantify gas distribution facilities within geographic areas
• Generate and update reports based on findings
• Bachelor's degree in a GIS related field of study.
• One to Two years GIS of mapping, utility design and records.
• Basic mathematics including calculation of fractions and /or percentages
• Able to use standard PC software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Able to use or learn basic GIS principles and applications, digitizers, plotters, scanners and other drafting and/or office equipment
If you are interested in this GIS Techncian position in Houston, TX. then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position or would like more information, please contact Stacy Hansen at 713-821-8791 or by email at Stacy.Hansen@modis.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records