An IT Security Operations Administrator job in Houston, TX, is available through Modis. You will have 3 years in IT Operations or Infrastructure plus 3 years in a Security specific role. You will help develop the Security Monitoring/Alerting program, an operational Incident Response Plan, and enhance their interactions/partnership with the central ISO team. You will support the team with focus on security-related assignments and will assist with the design and deployment of future infrastructure, applications, services, and data assets to ensure implementation of security best practices. Strong documentation skills will be helpful.
Note: no C2C inquires please.
IT Security Operations Administrator job responsibilities include:
Incident Detection, Response and Monitoring
- Assist in the development and implementation of information security procedures, playbooks and practices, including the development of an operational Incident Response Plan.
- Assist in the enhancement of University Lands' Security Event and Alert Monitoring program, leveraging existing SIEM, IDS/IPS, End-Point Monitoring, and Anti-Malware systems.
- Perform ongoing security event and alert monitoring, conduct initial triage and escalation of security events.
Vulnerability and Patch Management
- Administration of the vulnerability patching system for OS and 3rd Party patches.
- Perform regular and ad hoc vulnerability assessments to identify security deficiencies for information resources such as applications, cloud-based information technology, endpoints and network-attached devices and peripherals.
- Monitor the vulnerability reports for major systems and applications used by the department.
- Support the IT Operations team in remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Assist the ISO team in the performance of risk assessments of vendor and third-party products and services according to established practices; ensure results are reported and residual risks are tracked to full remediation.
- Conduct periodic security and compliance risk assessments, recommend risk mitigation strategies, and develop reports to present to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work closely with IT Operations colleagues to monitor and ensure technology compliance with the security program and minimum-security standards.
- Assist with IT Operations Projects including network segmentation, deployment of new multi-tier applications, IT Operations support of the Development, GIS, and Data Analytics teams, and administration/troubleshooting throughout the application, database, and infrastructure stacks.
- Contribute to the overall success of the institution by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Education or experience equivalent to 3 years in IT Operations or Infrastructure plus 3 years in a Security specific role.
• Experience with security incident response and analysis, endpoint and network security, vulnerability management, security monitoring, enterprise risk assessment.
• Experience with administration of Windows and Linux servers, IIS, and Microsoft SQL Server
• At least one security-related certification such as cloud security, Security +, SSCP, CISSP, CCSP.
• Experience conducting risk assessments and identifying effective risk mitigation strategies is strongly preferred.
• Advanced experience using SIEM, firewall, IDS/IPS technologies, conducting vulnerability scans and securing cloud applications and infrastructure.
• Experience managing security or technology projects of diverse scope and effectively collaborating in a cross-functional team environment.
• Experience developing metrics, performing data analytics and delivering compliance reports.
If you are interested in this IT Security Operations Administrator job, then please APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis, go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position or would like more information, please contact Stacy Hansen at 713-208-1796 or email@example.com.
Note: no C2C inquires please.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records