We are recruiting for a Desktop /IT Technician in Indianapolis, IN 46241.
Pay Rate: $18 – $20 W-2/hour
Responsibilities for this Desktop /IT Technician role include:
· Provide tier 1 and tier 2 support and troubleshooting for end-users, using an internal ticketing system to track work and escalate when appropriate. Not only for local issues but companywide as directed.
· Provide internal end-user support and training for Windows-based desktops, software, and peripherals.
· Generate and update support documentation.
· Diagnose and resolve basic network support requests, such as connecting an end-user device to an SSID, and checking for a valid IP address or ethernet connectivity.
· Maintains asset tracking and IT inventory.
· Maintain suitable backup hardware inventory.
· User on-boarding and off-boarding. (with guidance from Rochester HR and IT)
· Image new and reused PCs and laptops for new employees.
· Basic system administration and monitoring of Windows workstations.
· Assist with application, hardware, or system rollouts as needed.
· Assist the Application, Digital, and HR teams as needed.
· Set up and install new and existing hardware as needed. PCs, laptops, Monitors, local and network printers, and scanners.
· Work with the Rochester team on networking issues. Running new cables and installing network hardware as needed.
· Be hands and eyes for the Rochester staff as needed.
Requirements for this Desktop /IT Technician role include:
· Associates’ degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (equivalent experience considered).
· 2-3 years of previous experience in an Information Technology position
· Strong technical skills with PC’s
· Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users with approachability and empathy.
· Experience with installing and troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
· Basic understanding of networking concepts and protocols (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP)
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Windows 10 Operating Systems.
· Experience and knowledge with email system fundamentals.
· Experience with Wi-Fi technology and standards.
· Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to solve problems and interpret variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to learn and support new applications.
· Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision or as part of a team.
· A+, Net+ or MCP certifications are a plus.
If you are interested in this Desktop /IT Technician role, then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Akkodis go to www.akkodis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Mike Keegan at 585-465-1236 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits and 401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs which are direct hire to a client
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
firstname.lastname@example.orgPay Details: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.