Modis has a Master Planner opportunity available in Irvine, CA. You will manage all planning activities for the dedicated assigned work cell and mentor the Production Planners and Document Coordinators in the work cell. This is a direct hire opportunity. The salary range for this position is between $85,000 and $95,000 per year.
Master Planner responsibilities include:
• Ensure 100% on-time delivery. Establish build readiness. Maintain efficiency of capacity and customer sizing. Maintain accurate revenue forecasting. Maintain material control and liability.
• Develop Master Production Schedule (MPS) and load into Company’s ERP system, including Purchase Order (PO) coverage. Reconcile the MPS to customer PO coverage weekly to ensure that the Company is not exposed over and above customer PO coverage or other authorized customer demand. Ensure the MPS is always 100% accurate and achievable. Achieve and maintain 95% MPS goal.
• Analyze material and capacity requirements and communicate constraints to the Work cell and customer based on accurate customer demand. Maintain the work cell’s capacity planning model; drive resolution on uneven capacity utilization that keeps the Company focused on the customer but efficiently utilizing manufacturing resources.
• Meet daily with the Work cell and manufacturing team to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary based on production results) optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers to help achieve 100% on time delivery.
• Maintain the customers’ latest contract on file at all times and be familiar with the terms and conditions of the contract regarding customer liability of material planning and production scheduling. This includes the liability window for the Company material purchase order placement, purchase price for components, and liability for any in-house materials (purchased and manufactured).
• Be the work cell’s “expert” on all planning activities by supporting the Production Planner goal of never starting to build product without having a valid PO, adequate material quantities, and accurate BOM and an accurate routing.
• Lead the Work cell on the creation of Bills of Material (BOMs) and routings that allows accurate tracking of WIP assemblies and accurate inventory movement transactions. Own production planning, BOM and document control with or without additional support.
• End-of Life (EOL) management should include chairing a meeting 30 days prior to the last planned build date to create tactics to support the EOL strategy. The Master Planner would own the build schedule, corrections and resolution of MPS to customer demand, planned tactics on deadlines for assemblies out of the various work areas on the floor, deadline for last shipment, and support plan for potential RMAs. Manage Company purge process for internal Work cell purges.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required and two years of planning experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• APICS certification and Supervisor experience also preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of MRP, lead times for specific component types, internal run rates, test development lead times, machine programming lead times and complete understanding of the chronological sequence of events that must occur in order to build a product.
• Advanced PC skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
If you are interested in this Master Planner opportunity in Irvine, CA then please click APPLY NOW.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.