Sr. Data Scientist Job in Jacksonville Florida or Rochester New York:
Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for a driven, fast-pace, and outcome-oriented Sr. Data Scientist that will help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and communicate conclusions that drive efficiency and process to help us make smarter decisions in optimizing our operations.
The Sr. Data Scientist primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, designing and implementation practical optimization models, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our operations. The Sr. Data Scientist will collaborate with the business intelligence and data warehouse teams as well as key business stakeholders across operations, commercial development, and supporting functions on identifying and defining business problems, designing and implementing advanced analytics models, testing on real data, and implementing in production environments.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Data Scientist Job Located in Jacksonville Florida or Rochester New York:
• Work with business partners and IT teams to explore, design, implement, and support advanced analytics solutions that aims at optimizing operations, providing predictive insights, improving customer services and experience, and optimizing supply chains.
• Working with IT teams closely to ensure all advanced analytics solutions, including statistical, machine learning, optimization solutions are fully integrated with Third-Party IT Systems so users can leverage these analytics solutions in a seamless fashion.
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
• Possesses the ability to define, extract, analyze, and implement insights within data tools.
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
• Extending Client’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
Required Skills and Experience of the Sr. Data Scientist Job Located in Jacksonville Florida or Rochester New York:
• A driven, curious, fast-learning, pragmatic, hands-on professional who excels at working in a dynamic and fast pace environment.
• Good at working with business partners to discover, extract, and design innovative analytical solutions for high value business problems.
• Ability not only to build analytical models, but to analyze and understand real world, complex business data, and come up with pragmatic solutions that provide useful insights
• Biased toward pragmatic insights that can drive real management actions instead of theoretical observations.
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
• Experience with one or more common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, Plotly, Azure Data Lake Analytics, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
• Great communication skills that can both speak the language of business and IT.
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as Power BI, D3.js, GGplot, etc.
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, U-SQL.
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB.
• Background of IT software development a plus.
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Data-oriented personality
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field.
• Master’s degree in Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Optimization or related field desired.
For more information or to be considered for the Sr. Data Scientist Job located in Jacksonville Florida or Rochester New York please contact Thomas McCarthy at Thomas.Mccarthy@moids.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.