The Claims Examiners:
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails from service providers seeking repair authorizations.
- Ask the right questions about the claim, evaluating each request to determine if we should repair or replace the product.
- Adjudicate claims for fair and reasonable repair charges.
- Research claims to determine what coverage options were purchased; make denial/approval of claims per the terms and conditions.
- Maintain knowledge of covered equipment, as relates to the price/replacement value.
- Handle research assignments and reporting as delegated by management.
- Maintain good working relationship during all contacts with clients, even during difficult conversations.
- Answer claims and coverage questions from other departments.
- Take responsibility for continuously improving processes and product knowledge, understanding of program coverage and exclusions.
- Act professionally by arriving to work on time, and maintaining their schedules.
What we are looking for
- A record of providing outstanding customer service (can be within a sales, retail, pharmacy, equipment repair, insurance, etc., environment)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Experience in conflict resolution, or the ability to de-escalate tense situations, and comfortable in a role that requires some negotiations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Analytical skills and the ability to search the internet for answers and market data
- Results oriented, and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills- flexible with moving from project to project while keeping track of progress
- Professional attitude- we are looking for someone enthusiastic, reliable, and a team player.
- Flexible with moving from project to project while keeping track of progress
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
- Great interpersonal communication
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
Although prior Claims, Warranty, or Insurance experience is beneficial, we will train the right candidate to prepare them for success as a Claims Examiner. Candidates with experience in providing excellent customer service, moving quickly to keep many projects going at once, and the ability to keep organized records will be competitive for this role.
This is a full time position,working 40 hours per week. Our current shift starting times are between 8:00 am and 10:30 am, ending between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm. All shifts work Monday through Friday.
We offer a first-class benefits package to their employees, and all benefits begin on day one of employment. A partial list of benefits include:
- Automatic employer contribution into 401k account, with an additional employer match opportunity
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based annual bonus
- A robust amount of Paid Time off- with additional opportunities to take Paid Volunteer Time Off
casual dress code, and a fun, friendly work environment. If this position sounds like it could be the right fit for the next step in your career, please apply today.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Temp to Hire
Will this position have financial management or advisement responsibility for company/client funds?
Will this position have access to sensitive personal data? (ie: SSN, Credit or Bank Account #'s)
Will the position have the authority to issue payments or enter into contracts above $100,000?
Is this worker remote?
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If this sounds like something that may interest you, please apply today!