MODIS is searching for skilled, dedicated IT professionals to join our team. We always seek to deliver competitive and sought-after career opportunities to our potential consultants and employees. We are currently seeking an IT Project Manager for our client in San Antonio, TX. We invite you to review the position requirements below and apply today if your skills match our need.
Position Type: Contract
12-month Contract Opening
PMP and ITIL Certifications Highly Desired
- Acts as project manager with technical competence for planning and executing technical projects.
- Establishes and communicates key requirements for project deliverables; what is needed; who the deliverables affect; what resources are required to complete those deliverables within constraints of time, cost, risk and quality.
- Understands project cost and budgeting and can work with Service Management components to build authorization for expenditure (AFE) requirements for assigned projects.
Education, Experience and Key Competencies:
- Proven use of a structured project management methodology such as PMI. PMP certification is a plus for this role though not required, and the candidate must be able to apply the methodology for project management from conception to closure.
- Ideal candidate needs to have experience leading large application development teams, vendor management,
- Infrastructure exp a PLUS.
- Need a "get it done" type person who is adept at managing IT projects based on PMI/PMBOK processes and methodology, by project phase, using PM best practices.
- Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience managing technical projects.
- Must have good communication skills and able to present materials in a meeting setting.
- Must be able to lead and be a good team player.
- Must be a good decision maker and able to escalate to get decisions without delay.
- Must understand IT service management processes for incident, problem and change. Application of ITIL as a framework for managing IT support is a huge plus.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change.
MODIS Incorporated is the leader in the field of information technology (IT) consulting and solutions. With Offices and operations in more than a hundred cities throughout North America, Europe and Latin America, MODIS has the reach to deliver IT services in virtually any city. MODIS serves more than 5000 corporate and government clients throughout the world.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this opportunity.