Modis is assisting our client in the Downtown area to add a new Project Manager to their permanent team. It's essential that this individual has experience working in an Agile development environment. They will be very client-facing, so strong personal skills are a MUST.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own overall responsibility for the success of assigned projects.
- Define project objectives and deliverables to meet those needs.
- Identify assumptions and constraints that impact schedule, resources, costs, quality and risk.
- Define scope, schedule, budget and quality levels for the project.
- Identify, obtain and organize necessary project resources.
- Prepare and execute plans for quality, change control and communications.
- Prepare and gain approval on an overall Project Plan.
- Execute against the Project Plan while controlling and reporting on scope, schedule, quality, costs, resources and risks.
- Verify and document project results.
- Complete all tasks necessary to close the project, transitioning to an operational state, if necessary.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Five years project management experience.
- Familiarity with formal project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, but with little formal supervision or guidance.
- Effective supervisory skills in a matrix-management environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and project planning tools.