Modis is seeking a PLC Controls Technician for a direct hire opportunity in Keene, NH. This is a 2nd shift position. The Controls Technician II will support the production lines with the goal of building quality product, meeting safety goals, and producing at high efficiency levels.
PLC Controls Technician Responsibilities:
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) on various production lines and will be expected to mentor the Line Technicians (LT) on Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks and root cause / corrective actions of machine issues.
• Work with the Operations Production team as required to increase efficiency of production processes or reduce waste within the processes.
• Support PLC programming, software system diagnostics, as well as vision and control systems support.
• Systems including Allen Bradley PLC programs. Preferred Systems Experience: A-B Contrologix, Compactlogix, PLC-5, SLC-500 processors. Panelviews, Devicenet, and associated Rockwell programming software, A-B variable frequency drives, servo systems, stepper motors, robots, and mechanical/pneumatic systems.
• Proficient in Auto-Cad/Solid Works design packages.
• Training of Operations Production team in basic skill sets (root cause analysis, electrical, pneumatics, electronics, controls, etc.) and to assist in developing the line technicians and other roles skill level.
• Work with the tool crib and line technicians to verify the Preventative Maintenance & Predictive Maintenance tasks have been completed and entered into the Enterprise Asset Management system.
• Write protocols, execute protocols and write final reports for Process Validation (Engineering Studies, IQ, OQ, PQ and CSV) and to perform basic statistical analysis
• Create tooling, assembly, electrical drawings, and other drawings as necessary based on the project requirements.
• Lead from the design phase to implementation phase for small to medium continuous improvement projects that will drive process improvements (scrap reduction, efficiency improvements, etc.) within the business.
• Utilize the project tracker to ensure the accuracy of the estimated cycle time to complete the task / project is met.
• Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures.
• This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
• Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
• High School Diploma or GED required. Technical training and certifications post high school preferred.
• Knowledge of electronics and machine controls
• Knowledge of electrical circuits and debug of those circuits
• Knowledge of basic measuring tools (Micrometers, calipers, gage blocks, etc.)
• Continuous Improvement knowledge and practical application of fundamental Lean principles preferred.
• Ability to read controls logic (Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.) required.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other advanced software packages (i.e. statistical software analysis, etc.) required.
• Familiarity with clean room floor operating protocols, equipment, systems and processes required.
• Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience
• Ability to communicate information clearly and directly to co-workers and supervisory personnel both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to recognize the operation, wiring and applications of various electrical control/devices to include the following: relays, starters, switches (proximity, photo electric, mechanical), plugs, connectors, solid state processors, variable speed drives, poser distribution (low/high voltage), AC/DC circuitry motors (AC/DC), and controls, capacitors, over current protection, lighting systems, telecommunication wiring, computer cabling and alternate power sources.
• Ability to adapt to change (positive & negative).
• Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
• Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Serve as technical expert on teams for production.
• Train and Influence line technicians in areas for machine debug and preventative maintenance.
• Practical problem-solving capabilities on complex problem statements.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot problems in complex electromechanical systems.
If you are interested in this PLC Controls Technician job in Keene, NH, then please click apply through Modis or e-mail your resume to Stephanie Lister at firstname.lastname@example.org.