SBS Tech (Accuity) is looking for an experienced Front-end Software Engineer with strong programming skills and a good eye for design & layout to join its expanding technical team in Kennesaw, Georgia. The successful candidate will be expected to help design and develop high performance, responsive, data-driven web applications & components using Angular 8 and TypeScript.
You will be helping us write software that financial institutions use to help catch signs of corruption and money laundering. You will be working on mostly front-end components, designing and building new capabilities in our Enterprise KYC (Know Your Customer) platform that makes our world a safer place. Our products are used by some of the largest banks in the US. As a member of our team youll be working on driving the delivery of KYC solutions that makes our world safer place. You will also be helping us work to get our software scalable and into the cloud.
Our environment is casual & fun, and everyone on the team is always learning and improving together.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
Essential Technical Skills
- Expertise with HTML5 & CSS3
- Expertise with Angular 8
- Expertise with Bootstrap
- Cross-Browser Development - Thorough knowledge of cross-browser compatibility
- Competence with Source Control and Continuous Integration (preferrably Git)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests (preferrably with Karma and Jasmine)
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Some experience with .NET, specifically the ASP.NET MVC framework
- Some experience with other Javacript Frameworks (React, Vue, etc.)
- Some experience with F# or other functional programming language
- Some experience with SQL Server, PostgreSQL or other RDBMS
- Some experience with Azure or AWS
- Perform complex research, design, and software development assignments
- Provide direct input to the methodology, work planning, grooming, task assignments and delegation, and retrospective learnings in the development of our cross-functional software products.
- Work closely across the team to understand complex business and product objectives and translate them into software designs, writing and reviewing portions of detailed design specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Write unit and integration tests for new and existing code
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Train and mentor less-senior software developers
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds
- All other duties as assigned.
Work is in an office environment, sustained posture in a seated positon for prolonged periods of time; works with computer equipment for prolonged periods of time.
1. To get started, can you give me a quick overview of your team and what you do?
Our products are used by some of the largest banks in the US. Our enterprise KYC (Know Your Customer) platform makes our world a safer place and we now offer a real-time KYC application -- which has to match records against our multi-million record reference databases within sub-second time.
2. The person who will be successful in this role will be somebody who?
Someone who is passionate about learning new things, improving their skills, and taking ownership in their work.
3. What would you say are the TOP 3 must-have skills youre looking for? (Measurable skills, technologies, etc.)
c.) Excellent communication skills
4. How many years of experience are you looking for? As you start to go through resumes, what would stand out to you as the BEST candidate versus an AVERAGE candidate?
5+ years experience
Best candidate will have demonstrated ability to design, develop and implement complex systems.
5. Does your team work standard core hours or does that vary?
6. Do you need someone with a particular degree or certification?
7. What are some of the performance indicators youll be looking for once this person ramps up? (Meeting deadlines, quality of work, etc.)
- the ability to produce high quality, well thought-out designs for new systems.
- the ability to create those systems on time.
- the ability to cross-train other team members on the system and its internals
8. With some of the other huge tech companies out there, competition for talent at all levels can get pretty tough at times. When suppliers start sourcing, what would you say are some of the main selling points that would get candidates interested in your role over another?
- Solving interesting challenges using modern technologies
- Working with smart team members
- An environment geared toward leveling up your skills