Relocation Assistance Available - Onsite in Alaska
This position has full authority and responsibility for project profits and losses and manages all aspects of assigned ship repair projects. The individual provides primary customer interface throughout the project. Through project team members, manages the application of labor and materials to achieve timely, better-than-bid results and assure customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’s overall responsibilities.)
1. Plans, estimates, negotiates, staffs, directs the work, and reconciles final billings on assigned projects. As the top decision maker on the project, resolves any internal issues that arise over the productive, safe management of the project.
2. Meets or exceeds customers' realistic expectations for quality, productivity and safety on projects, and manages the customer relationship through any changes in the scope and price of the project to assure continuing customer satisfaction and profitable project closure.
3. Resolves issues on a day-to-day basis with customers, owners, Port authorities, and other interested parties. Represents the Company fairly and consistently when interacting with customers.
4. Works closely with the Contracting & Estimating Department to estimate, plan, execute and settle the projects. Provides all necessary documentation for bill settlement and negotiation of change orders in a timely manner. Advises Contracting Department of opportunities to increase profits and avoid losses.
5. Interprets specifications, plans project sequencing and coordinates the various phases of the project to prevent delays and avoid rework. Ensures that change order requests and CFRs are properly written, and approves them before providing them to the Project Management team.
6. Writes timely and accurate documentation of each job and contributes accordingly to final written specifications.
7. Confers with supervision and project management staff, and project inspectors and suppliers of materials, to resolve repair problems and to improve repair methods.
8. Plans, coordinates and directs production activities for assigned projects. Through subordinate supervision, assures appropriate daily project staffing. Audits subordinates’ reports and monitors job progress to ensure that manpower utilization and allocation meets job requirements and bid expectation. Makes appropriate changes as necessary.
9. Prepares periodic management reports on work progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports. Ensures adherence to the work process.
10. Maintains effective working relationships with craft workers, customers, and contract administrators. Where labor complaints or disputes occur within the project, directly or through managers, supervisors or other resources, assure that issues are resolve
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records