The Sourcing Specialist shall implement and manage sourcing plans, special projects/programs and tactical actions when needed to advance strategic supply chain opportunities by employing established procedures/processes, and leveraging supplier performance. In this role, the candidate shall engage with both internal customers and suppliers for project scope, interface with the Commodity Managers for supplier selection and cost, consult with Supplier Development Engineers for technical expertise, and work with any other applicable departmental disciplines to ensure successful project completion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position will successfully implement and manage risks associated with assigned work and projects utilizing proactive supply management practices. Below are major initiatives however duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Manage & facilitate all aspects of Kanban and JIT (Just-In-Time) systems with operations, planning, purchasing, and suppliers to streamline the source of supply and inventory levels for achievement best-costs and highest turns
2. Work closely with the Commodity Managers to support assigned contractual and strategic relationships through the negotiation of agreements including but not limited to long-term agreements, pricing agreements, kanban agreements, service agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement to meet plant and corporate quality, delivery, and cost objectives
3. Manage and lead special strategic sourcing projects, specific programs, and work-transfers as set-forth by the organization as assigned by the direct supervisor. Work with the Commodity Managers, suppliers, internal customers, and any other department disciplines required to successfully complete assignments
4. Together with Supplier Development Engineers, drive supplier development activities and new technology applications to achieve LEAN deployment and support corporate KPIs and product improvement opportunities
5. Prepare Statements of Work for suppliers and produce Requests for Quotation through engagement with the procurement team to meet timelines
6. Communicate closely with the Commodity Managers and Supplier Development Engineers for smooth data flow-down through project and program-specific progress
7. < 5% travel; contingent upon business conditions
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records