At Modis, we use our insight, knowledge and global resources to make exceptional connections every day. With 60 branch offices located strategically throughout North America, we are positioned perfectly to deliver the industry's top talent to each of our clients. Clients choose Modis as their workforce partner to solve staffing challenges that range from locating hard-to-find niche talent to completing quick-fill demands.
Position: Network Administrator
Type: Direct Hire
Location: Downtown, Los Angeles
An international law firm is seeking a Network Administrator. Under the direct supervision of the Network Operations (NOC) Managers and the indirect supervision of the Director of IT Infrastructure, the Network Administrator supports daily Firm-wide network and system operations, and provides second level support to the User Support group, local IT Managers and other departments as needed. Must have the following experience -
- Experience as part of a Service Desk/NOC team within an Enterprise- level, process driven IT department or organization.
- Balanced experience supporting the two key technologies of this role, CISCO networking and WINDOWS servers as Tier 2 or 3 level
- Success working under a modicum of pressure, where service availability drives business
- Ambition and ability to multi-task
In this capacity, the Network Administrator will:
- Provide Firm-wide network and server monitoring and support, including monitoring of system health and availability, as well as daily administration of all backup and disaster recovery operations;
- Participate in projects for new system implementations and monitoring;Implement and administer new monitoring tools and processes to improve the proactive monitoring of Firm-wide networks and systems;
- Perform daily administrative operations related to the management of all datacenters, IT infrastructure systems and back office applications; Create, document and enforce standardized procedures for supporting the network infrastructure and back office applications;
- Provide second level support to the User Support group, local IT managers and other departments;
- Configure and deploy physical and virtual servers; Configure and manage network devices, remote access systems, and network print queues; Administer IT infrastructure services, including authentication, name resolution and other IP services;
- Supervise and collaborate with outside IT consultants and vendors;
- Inform the IT department and all levels of Firm management of planned and unplanned system outages in a manner consistent with established communication, escalation and change control policies;
- Demonstrate flexibility with regard to work schedule, when sufficient notice is given, in providing 24-7 support to all offices;
- Respond to support issues with the appropriate degree of time sensitivity; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- Degree program or equivalent experience, if necessary;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information System or related field (preferred);
- Experience with LAN / WAN monitoring, support, and administration;
- At least 3 years’ technical experience, monitoring and administering a Cisco based switched network;
- At least 5 years' technical experience, building and supporting Windows Server operating systems;
- At least 2 years’ technical experience, building and supporting virtual servers;
- Minimum Cisco and Microsoft certifications (CCNA and MCP);
- Expert-level proficiency in network and server management and monitoring tools;
- Expert-level proficiency in Windows Server;
- Advanced-level proficiency in Active Directory and Group Policy administration;
- Advanced-level proficiency in Exchange Server administration;
- Advanced-level proficiency in Cisco Router and Switch configurations, troubleshooting, and protocols;
- Advanced-level proficiency in VMWare and HyperV provisioning and management tools;
- Advanced-level proficiency in tape backup systems, including tape libraries;
- Fundamental-level proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Fundamental-level proficiency in Citrix XenApp Server 5.0 or later; and
- Fundamental-level proficiency in Document Management Systems.
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly.