At Modis, we use our insight, knowledge and global resources to make exceptional connections every day. With 60 branch offices located strategically throughout North America, we are positioned perfectly to deliver the industry's top talent to each of our clients. Clients choose Modis as their workforce partner to solve staffing challenges that range from locating hard-to-find niche talent to completing quick-fill demands.
Type: Contract or Direct Hire
Location: Downtown Los Angeles, CAA top, award winning international law firm located in Downtown Los Angeles is seeking a Solutions Architect with a strong preference for Workday development experience. This person will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Manager, Talent Solutions, the Solutions Architect is responsible for the administration of Workday and other Talent related applications, including system maintenance, testing, and implementation of integrated solutions for enhanced functionality. The Solutions Architect must possess excellent problem-solving skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to adapt the message to the level of the audience.
This position requires:
In this capacity, the Solutions Architect will:
- Identifying and analyzing business needs, conducting requirements gathering, and defining scope and objectives for Enterprise Resource Planning (e.g. Workday) applications integrated with business processes/data and IT infrastructure (i.e., an “application system”) including: Making recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology. Translating business requirements into application requirements.
- Responsible for managing and performing work associated with business/systems analysis including developing/building enterprise reporting and data analytics.
- Extract, Transform, and Load data from various data sources into Prism and build/develop reporting solutions to support stakeholder business reporting requirements.
- Configure and deploy Workday application to support stakeholder requirements including application development in Workday Studio and custom integrations.
- Serves as subject matter expert in enterprise reporting and analytics for Talent related data.
- Manages projects or processes with limited oversight from manager.
- Solves difficult and often complex issues.
- Performs other essential duties, tasks, and projects as assigned.
- Strong, proven leadership skills across a diverse set of experiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Extensive knowledge of technology planning and operations, design, and deployment, as well as system development lifecycle management
- Advanced Project Management experience and/or experience across a variety of methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
- Advanced-level proficiency in enterprise software (Workday preferred);
- Ability to improve operational efficiency; service delivery and information management across all technology competencies
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies including information security and disaster recovery
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles;
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information and data.
- Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access and Internet Explorer;
Any combination equivalent to:
- Bachelors in computer science, information systems, business administration or related fields; or equivalent work experience (preferred);
- At least 2 years in the Workday ecosystem with development experience in Workday Studio, custom integrations, data analytics, reporting;
- At least 10 years of experience in Talent Management with proven experience in implementing technology solutions and/or process improvements projects;
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership position with a proven track record of managing multiple cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- At least 5 years providing leadership to cross-functional teams consisting of employees, vendors, and contractors.
- CBAP Certification or equivalent program methodology certification and experience (7+ years)
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com or apply directly.